1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to "sort" channels on an openbox S11

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kidhugs, Jul 17, 2012.

1. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

hiya - so I got my box up and working, thanks to some very helpful people and all is working just peachy-doody...
    EXCEPT...
    I now have about a hundred million channels, spread through a buncha "favourites"...
    is there a fairly simple way to - say - move the thirty or so channels that we actually watch into one place... one "favourites" to make it simple to just watch what we want? After all, not everyone has a NEED to view Tibettan cat wrestling or Vampire cooking shows.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanx in advance

2. popeye10

popeye10 Regular member

i know nothing about the openbox.
    i have a dreambox, i use a program called dreamboxedit, with that i can edit a channel list (ie: something like your 30 channels) and ftp it to the box, you may be able to use that program or something sililar.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

not the same popeye. piopat is the expert on the openbox

4. popeye10

popeye10 Regular member

having googled and read a little i see that ftp isnt possible, transfer is done by usb stick.

5. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

argghhhhhh...
    I had it all set up and working ALMOST perfectly, except that my sky sports channel commercials were all in the Irish feed.
    I thought - "well, I did it once, I can do it again, properly, this time..."

I saved my Prog.dbs to a stick (I'm not a COMPLETE idiot...), wiped out all the channels and rescanned the sky satellite...
    and got all the channels... eazypeazy...
    When I first set up the box, I used someone else's dbs which had about a million "favourite sections" and I finally figured out how to move them around, empty some and save others etc...
    but now, with this full scan I only have one "favourite" section..

so, please, a simple instruction.
    1. How do I add more "favourites sections"?
    2. How to I specify which channels go in which favourites?

and I promise that i will save the instructions into my openboxstuff folder.

and, as always, thanks for the help.
    tony

6. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

go to channel list , then options, all info you need is in there,,, start editing one you need,, long time since i had one but thats how i did it..