1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to speed up Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sirksam, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

My internet connection is really bad with Xbox Live, it takes hours to download a game demo off live, my connection is 100Mbps, and my friend in Australia has the same connection speed, but he went into his home network IP thing on his computer or something and changed the settings around to speed up his Xbox Live connection up to like 28 times faster or something, his downloads are so quick on Xbox Live. I've tried to do it, but I'm not too sure how, and my modem is all in Chinese, I can speak Chinese fluently, but sadly I can't read it fluently XD, anybody know how to do this or know another method? Help appreciated.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

call your ISP and tell them you want to speed your connection up and they will fix it for you...but you will have to pay for it of course lol

3. steimy

steimy Active member

depending on what you mean by hours it may be about normal. I have a 5MB cable connection (running wireless) and it takes me about 30-45 minutes to get something that is about 700MB in size. Mine would be a bit faster if i hooked directly to the router but a far as gaming online i host all the time andj have zero lag so i never worry about it much.

4. achapman

achapman Member

Your connection would not be any faster if you were hard wired to the router. Even if it was 802.11b, that is still 11 megabits, and your internet connection is 5 megabits. See how it wouldn't be any faster.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

11 megabits is the lan speed not the connection speed. it would be faster because wireless you loose some signal

6. skater685

skater685 Regular member

Sounds like this ausie guy is full of it,the fastest net in aus is adsl2+ at 24mb,not fiber at 100mb...
    Also xbox live will always be slower than ur pc's connection,but if it's really to slow,change isp,becuz chances are they are throtling your connection,change to a better plan or change to a gaming orientated isp,expecially one with interleaving turned off...

7. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Its possible his isp is using traffic shaping technology. Or as was said above throttling. Basically routers or machines sitting there analysing all the pakcets and prioritising them.

My isp shapes bit torrent ports so i have to use Aszures with encryption before i can et a really good speed. Otherwise it just sits at about 60kb/s

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007