1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Split DVD to 2 DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by efcginzo, Oct 28, 2002.

1. efcginzo

efcginzo Member

I have done all of the things in all of these posts and have finally come up with a working way to split a DVD to 2. I think the main thing is that people are not including the versions of the programs that they are using. Here’s how I did my way.

1. Open DVD Decrypter (Version 3.1.3.0) and extract ALL the files to a directory. It usually names it as the title of the DVD and saves it as (C:\DVD_NAME).

2. When it’s done, open up DVD Decrypter again, and see what TITLESET it automatically highlights (ie VTS_0x_y.vob.) This is your main movie and x represents your TITLESET number.

3. Then open IFOEDIT v0.94 and click OPEN. Open the VTS_0x_y.ifo that contains your TITLESET. For many movies, it is VTS_01_0.ifo.

4. Click on VOB EXTRAS and make sure that “Correct VOB unit,” “Correct Original IFO,” and “Split to 2 DVD-Rs” are checked. Also, make sure “Create Subfolders: Disk 1 and Disk 2” is checked and at the bottom “AutoCopy Menu Files” is checked.

a. “Angles” and Expert VOB” options are up to you. I leave them as is.

5. Choose a directory that you have in C: (maybe make one called Split DVD or something.) This is where is will make the Subfolders: Disk 1 and Disk 2

a. Make sure that there are no folders in there already

6. Press OK to bring up SPLIT IT screen.

7. I usually leave the highlight where it is preset. In any case, you may change it. It’s just your own preferences. Press SPLIT IT where you see fit and then it will go to work.

8. It will do its thing and you will be left with all the files you need in the “Disk 1” and “Disk 2” locations you specified. In older versions of these processes, you would have to correct VTS SECTORS in “Disk 1” and “Disk 2” by opening up the VTS_0x_y.ifo and VIDEO_TS.ifo in each folder with IFOEDIT, but with IFOEDIT 0.94 you do not have to.

9. You are ready to burn. Open Nero Version 5.5.9.9.

10. Create a new wizard and go through to create DVD VIDEO.

11. Burn Disk 2 as is.

NOTE: If you like, there is a way to get the DVD to jump to the movie and not to the menu upon insertion.

To do this, open VIDEO_TS.ifo in Disk 2 directory with IFOEDIT.

Click VMGM_MAT toward the top.

Then press the + next to it and highlight FIRST PLAY PGC.

Scroll to 000000f4 and right click and edit command.

Press Jump_TS and type TITLESET number in the box beneath it (usually 1)

Press SAVE and close IFOEDIT

Now the DVD will go to the movie instead of the menu upon Disk 2 insertion

Burn Disk 2 as described normally in steps 9-11

12. For Disk 1, open VTS_0x_0.ifo from Disk 1 folder where x is the TITLESET (usually x=1.) Do this with IFOEDIT.

13. Click on VTS_C_ADT at the top.

14. Scroll all the way to the bottom and right click next to END SECTOR and reduce the value by 1.

15. Click save and resave it over the VTS_0x_0.ifo you opened. It will ask if you want to overwrite. Press Yes, then OK.

16. Now to go Nero V 5.5.9.9 and open the wizard to DVD VIDEO. Drag the files from Disk 1 into the VIDEO_TS folder and you can burn Disk 1. (Just like steps 9-11)

GOOD LUCK

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  2. bubbajack

bubbajack Member

efcginzo,

I have been following your instructions and they worked great for disc 2. I have a question on step 14 for getting disc1 ready to burn. When I click on VTSM_C_ADT in ifoedit, on the bottom window of the screen, there are a lot of places where it says End Sector. Do I need to reduce the value of all of these by 1, or just the final End Sector at the very bottom of the bottom window?

Thanks!

3. new_user

new_user Member

hi!

i also have a problem with the first disc.
    nero gives me a "file relocation error". i changed the last value to one less.