1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to split mpeg's in 2......

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by shingo, Aug 12, 2002.

1. shingo

shingo Member

After finishing a conversion to from avi mpeg1 to make a vcd, i have to splice the movie in 2 seperate files as to put them on 2 disks. But...after i split them, the 2 files get changed to regular mpeg(non vcd) instead of staying mpeg1(vcd) for vcd conversion. Now i have to convert the 2 pieces seperately over again to put them on vcd because Nero tells me its now in the wrong mpeg format. Nero offers to convert to the proper mpeg format but i dont think it can do a better job than TMPEGnc so i tell it "no". By the way...i tried 2 seperate tools to cut the mpeg1 in half. I used MyFlix and TMPEGnc. They both gave me the same problem i just described. Is there a way to split an mpeg1 in 2 without having to reconvert the 2 parts after or is this part of the process?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Use DV-Tool to split it, guides are at out article section.

3. shingo

shingo Member

Thanks dRD for the tip. DVTOOL works great. One thing though. Is there a way i can view where i am splitting. as far as i can see its just numbers but i dont know where in the file i am cutting. Is there a way i can calculate this? If it was in hours and minutes instead of file size i woulda been able to do it. any hints would be great. in the mean time, ill look in your article section for any tips on this. thanks again

4. shingo

shingo Member

I forgot to say that i am splitting a 2 hour movie (4 30min episodes). i want to put 2 episodes per vcd.

5. Snowface

Snowface Member

I always use vStrip (with gui) to cut mpeg-files. Here you say what size the files need to be. Makes it easier to fill the cd to the max.