1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to steal a new PS2 ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by blunted, Nov 16, 2004.

1. blunted

blunted Guest

I have an original 30001 PS2.
    My HD loader disc will not read on it.
    I tried it on my sisters BF PS2. A 39001 and it works great.

I want to get a new PS2. Do you think it will be possible i could buy one, and swap the new one with the old one, and return it for a cash refund?

I was thinkin about doing it somewhere like walmart where they may not scan it right away. Give them a bogus name, and be on my way.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Err, I wouldnt have thought this would work. Give it a try. See you in court.

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I have heard some people on here have done it and got away with it but some havent.

Most places will scan the bar code and check the ps2 itself to see that they match.
    If they dont then they may just give it you back and say it is differen.

4. blunted

blunted Guest

yea, i am now thinking about just replacing the disc drive. i just took mine out, and am having a little trouble getting these 2 ribbon cables on the bottom to fit in. I wonder if the lens itself is to blame, or if its just the fact the whole unit is a 30001. The hd loader works fine on the newer ps2 we have.

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Its hard to come across a whole ps2 disc drive.

Best bet is to get a new laser for your version and replace just that.

Its pretty easy but do a little research 1st so you know what your doing.

Before that though you could try adjusting the white cog at the top end of the dvd drive. Turn it 2 times then try and keep doing this until your games work. Try all games and dvd's.

If this doesnt work you could try adjusting the pots but thats a different story.

6. mesh

mesh Member

HAHAHA, just try this, the store employee's will laugh when they call the serial into sony's authentication system....

7. blunted

blunted Guest

they will laught after i leave? or while im waiting for a refund?

8. blunted

blunted Guest

I am really screwed trying to get these 2 dame ribbons in on the bottom of the disc drive its impossible.

9. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Make sure you have the little lid thing up on the one ribbon cable socket and for the other one use the side of the ribbon where it sticks out a little bit to push it in.(or use some pliers but be carefull not to scratch it).

10. blunted

blunted Guest

thanks man, ill try that

11. blunted

blunted Guest

well im totally fucked now, now that i can not attach those 2 little silver cables under the disc drive, cuz i cant even reach them with needle nose pliers..
    but i decided to clean the fan, and disconected it, and the white clip fell apart, and i just have 2 wires now. so without a working fan, this ps2 is scrap metal.

i think i will def have to try to return this now. maybe just switch the casing with the serial numbers and keep the new units guts..

12. blunted

blunted Guest

well im totally fucked now, now that i can not attach those 2 little silver cables under the disc drive, cuz i cant even reach them with needle nose pliers..
    but i decided to clean the fan, and disconected it, and the white clip fell apart, and i just have 2 wires now. so without a working fan, this ps2 is scrap metal.

i think i will def have to try to return this now. maybe just switch the casing with the serial numbers and keep the new units guts..

13. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Just get a new fan.

14. blunted

blunted Guest

yea. but how the hell am i gunna reconnect the DVD. these stupid silver ribbon are impossible to reconnect.

i cant find any instructions for them either.

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It isn't possible to replace I am thinking.If you try to they will check the barcode for it,which will end up telling them how old it is.The other thing is that how can you replace the PS2 you have with the new pstwo systems,the box is probably really small.You couldn't replace the older one with a new one,unless they sell old PS2 systems.If you can't repair it,just send it off to a repair shop to get it fixed.

16. Ugo_Tomko

Ugo_Tomko Member

My friend [bold]blunted[/bold] asked me to say hello to all of you guys... He won't be able to write on this forum anymore. At least for three years. He is locked up now, they won't let him out. Life isn't sweet there as ya all probably know... So to all ya hustlaz out there - just one simple word: THINK!

17. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If you purchased an extended warranty which covers anything that happens to your unit even if the void seal is tampered with you can get away with swapping the guts. By the definition of this type of extended warranty that is technically legal.

18. Ugo_Tomko

Ugo_Tomko Member

I can tell you right now this greedy motherf*cker didn't purchase no extended warranty... ;-D

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey Icemonkey I agree with you on swapping the guts from the system,but even then they are both still different man.The new pstwo systems have a whole different motherboard,smaller and everything is just different man.If you did swap the guts from the new pstwo system,it would still not fit in his old console man.The best thing to do is probably like mentioned try to fix it and repair it as best as possible.

20. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

just do what i did with the 2 consoles i trashed trying to install a chip, go in there with it fully packaged, and tell them you got it for your birthday, and there's something wrong with it, that it isn't working right, they ask you for a reciept, you say you don't got one cuz it was a b-day present, they'll take that one and give you a new one, bang, you got yourself a new ps2, i couldn't count how many times at how many different stores i've done that with games and systems, and don't worry about if you actually purchased the system at the store you return it too, they all have the main ps2 barcode programmed into their computer systems, same with games, back in the day i got max pain at walmart for $20, went across the street to radio shack where they have insane prices, and got a "refund" for $60.

just don't worry about it and do whatever, employees are usually pretty sympathetic, specially when they think it's your birthday and you got a $200 present that doesn't work, and the computer systems are about a million times simpler and easier to get by then everybody thinks