1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Stream files from your pc to the xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by knockemv2, Jan 21, 2008.

1. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

How to stream Files From Your 360
    By: knockem

Step 1: Ok first off organize all of your folders how you want them they will show up the same way on the 360. Example if you have all your music in separate folders they will show up in seperrate folders on the xbox. I have all my music in one folder like this

[​IMG]

Step 2: once all your files are how to want them now you need to open up the most recent wmp out which is 11 and can be found here if you have vista you do not need to worry it's already installed on your comp.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Now go over to the library tad and click the small arrow under it then go to media sharing located in the drop down menu.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Now a screen should pop up like the one below, and what you do is check the box that says "share my media to"

[​IMG]

Step 6: Once it is checked to box will become clickable and you can click on the iteam's inside and from there you click on the xbox 360 and choose allow.

[​IMG]

Once connected you no longer have to do anything with wmp you can close it out all you have to do is leave your computer on and the 360 can stream everything from it.

Extra info: To see your xbox 360 in that box your xbox must be connect to either the computer or a router and must be turned on.
    If your wireless laptop is connected to a connection that isn't your this wont work the computer and the xbox 360 must be on the same network.

If I'm missing something please let me know; and if you need help I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Originally posted at halo3sixty.net

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ok umm wow the pics didnt show up thats great lol

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Change your capitals to lower case. IMG --> img

4. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

thnx

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  5. fionabh

fionabh Member

I was told that if wmp played a file that it would play via the xbox360. This does not seem to be the case. These are all avi files and some play and others do not????