1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stream files to SMART TV

Discussion in '3D TV' started by AssKlown, May 6, 2012.

1. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

Got me a Samsung Plasma smart tv with AllShare. Tv is connected via wifi to my home network. I have no idea how to get media files from my laptop streamed to my tv. I've got all my media center settings set to share. I can see my plasma under my network, but I don't know how to access it from my TV. When I click on all share on my tv, it says no device connected?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i connected my sony tv to stream through my computer. (on my computer) I went to network settings then router setting found my tv.Once you find your tv right click on it and click media streaming options.then hit alllow and it should work.

3. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

did that... went to a bunch of files/folders and set them all to share, but still couldn't get it to show up on my tv. I did however find a solution. Because my Samsung has AllShare, a program meant to be an interface for sharing files, I went and downloaded the same AllShare program on my laptop. Once I had that installed, my TV dectected my shared folders, and everything seems to be in order!

Thanks for your reply!

4. Jason

Jason Newbie

a good way to transfer your media is with ShareON. you just need to dl the app on your phone and have a tv thatss connected to the same wifi as your phone.