1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[How to] Stream Music from PC to PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by psplova, Mar 18, 2007.

1. psplova

psplova Guest

You will need:

Itunes
    My Tune RSS
    Any Firmware 2.50 and over

First, note that this will NOT work on any firmware under 2.50, so that means if you are on 1.00, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, 2.00, 2.01, 1.50 POC, or 1.50 harleyg, this will NOT work. You do not need a homebrewed enabled psp for this also.

Install ITunes(you dont need a ipod)

Run it, and add all of the songs you want to stream to my library.
    You can just drag and drop them from my music, or wherever they are stored at. You can even add a folder by going to File>Add folder to library.

Now, install My Tune RSS

Run the program. It will say searching for Itunes XML library. It should find it. It it doesn't, then tell it to look in Mydocuments/MyMusic/Itunes manually by browsing for it in the Data Source section.

Make sure the port says 8080, and put in a password so that you can only access your files. Now click start server, and it should say server running.

Now, hit Info next to where it says Server is running. It will say Internal, and external Address. Copy down that internal address.

Go to your PSP internet browser, and type that internal address in as the website address. If you did it right, you will get a screen asking you to give you a password.

[​IMG]

Supply your password, and then hit login. You should see now all of your playlists that you have in Itunes. SWEET!!!
    Now, click the RSS feed button next to the Music playlist, since that is your library.

[​IMG]
    It will ask you do you want to add this to your list of channels, and say yes.
    [​IMG]

Now, exit the browser, and go to RSS Chanels right above Internet browser(excuse my custom icons).
    [​IMG]

Choose my music, and then choose your connection, and WAALA play your music.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final Notes:
    The music streams very good, and although it may skip a little in the start of the song, it clears up. This is very good if you have a small memory stick. Or if you were like me, and took it to the next level, you could hook your psp up to your 7.1 surround sony dolby speakers, and blast the music from your pc.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

May i ask what the advantages of this are? Since you can just put music on your PSP throuh USB mode. And im pretty sure this will work on 2.5 and above, couldn't imagine running this just on 2.5, it would seem pointless to me. And the pic's arent a 2.5 PSP, its either 1.5 or a custom firmware. Not a 2.5 PSP.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  3. psplova

psplova Guest

actually, i said it works on any firmware 2.50 and over, and i have 3,03oe-c this will not work on 1.50,becasue 1.50 does not have an internet browser nor rss support, and this is so people can save memory stick space

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Ah okay make sense, but there are many MP3 compressers available, though this is easiar and faster.