1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to swap motherbaords??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by touran22, Apr 30, 2007.

1. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok ive searched on google, ask jeeves etc but i cant find a damn guide on how to switch motherbaords. ive taken of LCD the metal casing. how do i take of the back face plate and get to the motherboard?? please help me

2. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

3. touran22

touran22 Regular member

thanks mate but before i saw this link i put the psp togethor again before i took any wires of and everything
    and now iot wont turn on :(!!!!!!!!!! man what the hell have i done!

4. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Double check all of your ribbon cables....they can be a bit tricky. Make sure that they all are making a good connection and the lock it tight.

Good luck.

~Rich

5. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok. do you know of any ribbon cables i should check especially?

6. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

I have never taken a PSP apart, but I have worked on some smaller electronics before and know the tendancy of the ribbon cables to give people trouble. I would go through everything that you took apart and disconnect it and reconnect it. I know its a hassle, but its better than buying a new PSP.

~Rich

7. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok i have to turn it on when its on hold then shoot it up straght away!! and when now the buttons are all changed! square is X and theres no O becuase O tiangle or X doesnt work! only Square which acts as X wtf is happenig!! and the note button changes the brightness and the volume up lowers the volume!!

8. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

try changing the firmware. mite be something missing on your new mobo.
    also, check the power switch board for any scratches.

and, if you use for example a small screwdriver to lift any of the boards out, check around there for any issues.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  9. touran22

touran22 Regular member

nah i didn change the mobo cuz i couldn find a tut so i put it back togethor and now i have this problem! the damn thing dnt even charge!!! and when the psp is on the damn little green light isn't on!! man i screwed up big time. and i have mo idea what to do.

10. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

i had that prob when i was putting leds in. i thought id blew it up. found out later it was the ribbon that plugs into the power board. it had cracked along the fold.
    if you broke anything major youd of prob noticed then. i reckon it will just be somet daft. prob take a while to work out what though. lol

11. touran22

touran22 Regular member

lool yeah i opend her up again! and this time with the help of the video (Thsnkas for that mate!!!) i took apart the motherboard. i switched the mobo and when i re inserted everything liek the ribbons i checked and double checked if i had put all the clips on properly, and thankfully when i turned it on BAM it worked no problem!!!

I learnt alot from this! i learnt how to switch mobos.... ebay here i come (with bricked psp's!) man im soo happy. thanks for all your help.

12. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Glad you got it sorted!

I have seen you help a ton of people with their PSP, so I'm glad I was able to return the favor.

~Rich

13. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yeah man thanks again! now i just wanna know how to to install a UP... hmm maybe im just going a little ahead of me.