1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if your Taiyo Yudens are fake...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dvdauthor, Apr 20, 2005.

1. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

Hi,

a while ago I bought a 100 pack of Taiyo Yuden White InkJet printable DVD-R's 8x and the media code is TYG02 (which is supposed to be authentic) but I hear you can you fake the media code....they do have a serial number on the clear part of the hub so as far as I can tell, they are in fact, authentic...but is there any other way of knowing?

thanks.

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

from my knowledge of TY, that is the only determining factor that I have personally found...the GG00000 or the GD00000 marking on the inner hub. i have read on here that the new authentic ty's might also have the TG000000 markings on the inner circle, or something to that extent. that is basically how i determine the authenticity of the thousands of TYs that i have, 95% of mine have those laser etched numbers...while my KNOWN fakes have some crap like this:
    -R8x DH-05-19. these are horrible.

3. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

hmm...ok, well, I guess I should feel confident that mine are in fact, authentic....

i've been trying to e-mail Imation about my dissapointment, but naturally, every time I send them an e-mail from their website, I get an error...kind of like their media...lol.

I bought my TY's at www.dvd-rwmedia.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2005
  4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ dvdauthor

why don't you try copying and pasting their email address using another email client to send them a message? a lot of times people are given the run around when emailing a company using their email client embedded on their website, i have found that just copying their email addy and using my own client to send has worked 99% of the time~ worth a shot, if you can't get an email to them, they can't respond...whether or not they reply to a sent email, is entirely a different topic; depends on how good/fast their customer service dept. is. good luck

5. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

hey, I've thought about doing that...but they don't give the address...they just say "contact us" and they give you the e-mail box....there is no address....figures...

maybe I should send them a regular letter...

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i wish you the best of luck on trying to get a hold of their customer service department, i just wanted to offer my 2 cents worth for trying a possible alternative route. hope they respond to you and you can get your little problem resolved. have a good one

7. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

thanks for your help...

talk to you soon (i'm sure i'll have more issues) :)

8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

anytime, im on here almost everyday~ hahaha...whether you want to look at that as "having no life" or im just very "generous" with my assitance...whichever :)

best of luck

9. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

we'll just say you are very helpful and you like to give back :)...and i'm very appreciative.

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

thank you very much for the kind words dvdauthor, i try...

best of luck, next week i will be posting up results for these so called OEM taiyo yudens i ordered a few samples of in both +/- format...they are the Burnmasters from allmediaoutlet. we'll see when they come in next week, ill keep ya informed~

have a good one