1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell officially what your motherboard is?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by davidmacn, Jun 8, 2007.

1. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Hi guys,

I've basically decided to buy a new motherboard for my PSP. I'm around 75% positive my psp says IC6001 on the right side.

[​IMG]

I've researched this and asked a lot of people but it basically comes down to what type is my motherboard? Is it

TA-079
    TA-081
    TA-082

Thanks for the future replies

2. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Bump, I need to know this information by tonight or tomorrow morning.

3. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Bump again lol, can someone help me?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

[​IMG]

Thats the pic I am working off of. I am having trouble figuring out what motherboard you have. Can you post why you need to know what motherboard you have? Maybe if I know this I will know of another way of telling the motherboards apart.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Let me clarify I am confused by your post because you are supposedly going to be purchasing a new motherboard for your PSP but yet you want to know about the model of motherboard you currently have?

6. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Yea, like I have a 3.11 and I have the IC6001 in the left side of this picture.

[​IMG]

I'm buying a new 1.5 motherboard but I don't know which motherboard I need? Do I need a

TA-079
    TA-081
    TA-082

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If your going to be buying and installing a new motherboard it doesn't matter what your current motherboard is. May I ask were your buying the motherboard from? If you get a firmware 1.5 motherboard that is a TA-079, TA-081 , or a TA-082 it doesn't really matter because if it has been brought down to firmware 1.5 then it can be upgraded to a custom firmware.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  8. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

No No. I wanted to know if I need to know what TA- it was. So I can just buy a

TA-079
    TA-081
    TA-082

And just stick it in my IC6001 and it'll boot up to 1.5? I'm buying it off my friend

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No it doesnt matter what TA/motherboard it is. Basically if it is a firmware 1.5 motherboard it doesn't matter what TA/motherboard # it is.

As long as it is at firmware 1.5 now then yes you will be able to boot right up to firmware 1.5. I take it to be that this is a firmware 1.5 motherboard correct?

10. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Well I was going to buy one of my friend but he's still thinking about it. Would it matter if I bought like a 3.40 OE-A or a 2.8 or anything? It has to be cheaper than like 70.00,

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If the motherboard is already at a custom firmware your golden. Now if it is a 2.8 PSP not a 2.81 PSP then you can downgrade it no matter what motherboard it is strictly through software. Anything from 2.81 to 3.03 requires the use of a unpatched Grand Theft Auto: Libert City Stories UMD game. Needless to say the unpatched copies are not sold in stores anymore and can be very difficult to track down. Ones best bet would be eBay. But to reiterate the main points....

*if the motherboard is already at a custom a.k.a "OE" firmware your set

*Any PSP with any motherboard up to firmware 2.8 NOT 2.81 can be downgraded without the need for a unpatched copy of GTA:LCS (these are very rare)

*Any PSP with firmware 2.81 to 3.03 can be downgraded but will require the use of a rare copy of GTA:LCS.

12. pspcube

pspcube Member

hey davidmacn. I have the exact motherboard as you but mine is firmware 3.10 and it's metalic blue. is it bad to have TA-082 motherboard?

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Not the best but not bad, currently every PSP motherboard can be downgraded. Whether it be a TA-82, TA-86, or a TA-79; they can all be downgraded the only exception is that with the 82/86 boards there are a few more steps involved with downgrading that create a slightly higher chance at bricking. Nothing major and many people have downgraded successfully. For example according to a pole done on this thread. For people who took part in the pole....

3.84% bricked (35 people)

43.47% downgraded successfully (396 p.)

13.39% said they were waiting to try

2.20% had too high a firmware to downgrade

37.10% didnt have a TA-82 motherboard (so why did they take the pole?)

So the odds are in your favor.

14. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Thank's for all you help, I'll be following this guide to open my PSP and change motherboards ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtL7ZaRZsE

Now where can I buy a TA-079 or Ta-081 motherboard other than ebay?

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

16. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

I might buy off there but some people on ebay want it for 60.00 and how's ConsoleZombie's shipping to canada?

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah as far as shipping to canada is I am not sure, I would recommend emailing them as they could give you a answer. You can contact them through this page.

And right now there are a few psp motherboards on eBay that are already on custom firmware 3.40 OE-A but upon further inspection it is found out that the motherboard distributor is located in Hong Kong. So unless you pay big bucks for speedy shipping your looking at a very long wait for the motherboard. I would say it could easily take a month if not more for the motherboard to get over her from Hong Kong, get processed by the port officials, and delivered to your doorstep.

18. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

Well true, but it depends ConsoleZombie could take 2 weeks. I will email them thanks

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Im just saying the earliest you could get it from Hong Kong could be 1 month; I would say it is most likely going to be higher than that. And then do you trust them to properly package the material as that thin little motherboard will be thrown in with who knows how many other packages flown across the ocean (turbulence), and then trucked from the port to your home? ConsoleZombie has a store located in Ohio right by Lake Erie so just a short distance from Canada. I got my part in 4 days.

20. davidmacn

davidmacn Member

But do you live in BC Canada?