1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Transfer Music and Video from Zune to PC then to Zune 2.0?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by breezing, Oct 25, 2007.

1. breezing

breezing Guest

Microsoft has announced that Zune 2 will be available in the next month. If you upgrade your Zune to Zune 2 or get a new Zune, you will have to face the problem of transferring your files from Zune 1 to Zune 2. If the files from Zune 1 can be moved to PC, then the problem can be easily fixed by moving the files from PC to Zune 2. But Microsoft restricts users from moving files between Zune and PC in order to protect copyrights. However, unlike what lots of us believe, you can actually move files from Zune to a partnered computer very only a few simple steps:

Step 1: Connect your Zune to your computer and launch the Zune desktop software (usually it will be launched automatically). Browse to the files on your Zune that you want to move to your computer.

Step 2: Click the [​IMG] button, and you will see the text in the right pane is slightly changed to "Drag Items Here to create a list to sync from XX (the name of your Zune) to your computer". Drag and drop the files from your Zune into this area.

[​IMG]

Step 3: When you drag all the files you prefer from your Zune into this pane, click the Copy From Device button at the bottom of this pane. Then these files will be moved to your computer. These files will be moved to different locations on your computer, depending on their types. Most likely, they will be located in the root level of My Pictures, My Music and My Videos. Then you can just use your Zune desktop software to sync them to your Zune 2.

If you want to know more, please go to http://www.ipod-soft.com/article/copy-zune-to-computer.html

2. dreaver

dreaver Member

Bravo, dude.
    I used to know an article about hacking the zune software to make people able to copy files back to computer from zune, yours is much easier.

3. breezing

breezing Guest

yep
    Some people suspect that the upcoming Zune G2 is going to be iPod killer.
    No one is sure of it. But in order to confront Apple iPod, Microsoft needs to beautify the interface, reduce the size, and most important of all, intensify functions of the new Zune, I personally think.

4. Playr

Playr Regular member

New Zunes are due out Nov. 13th along with new firmware that can be applied to the 1st gen Zunes. Only time will tell.

5. breezing

breezing Guest

so let's awaiting its arrival together.

6. dreaver

dreaver Member

How do you know that,Playr? That should be cool if this is true.

7. Playr

Playr Regular member

d,

Check the release date on this site. LINKY

Besides, it's common knowledge on all the Zune boards.

8. breezing

breezing Guest

9. dreaver

dreaver Member

it seems that I was unable to keep up with the times.
    :lol
    I want to buy a zune 2 as my nephew's birthday gift.

10. JoyDave

JoyDave Member

Where can I get free Zune wallpapers?

11. yzf888

yzf888 Guest