1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to transfer my iTunes library from my old PC to my new laptop

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by knucklero, Jul 12, 2011.

1. knucklero

knucklero Guest

hey guys.

I am not particularly computer savvy and would like to know something which is giving me a hard time.

I recently bought a brand new HP Pavillion and would like to transfer all my data from my old desktop PC to the laptop. What I do find trouble transferring though is my iTunes music library. I do have more than 15GB of tracks, and I do not feel like throwing those away.

Could you please provide/point to a guide on how to have all my iTunes contents transferred to the new comp (if this has already been asked, I would be glad for a link to the discussion topic).

thanking you in advance,

patrick

2. mikie1977

mikie1977 Guest

you have two options:

the manual way (transfer folders and iTunes system files from your old PC to your new computer) - this is pain in the A, as it can be quite messy if you dont know what you are doing.

the easy way: follow this guide (remove the () from the link) -

(transfer-itunes-to-new-computer.blogspot.com/p/how-to-transfer-itunes-from-pc-to-pc.html)