1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Troubleshooting and FAQ for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chunkhead, Jul 18, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

**Link UPDATED**

;)

2. wunaBfree

wunaBfree Member

thanx Chuck 4 geting back wirh me on that in a timely fashion> i not going to bomdard u with to many more ? so here the last one 4 now what r my risk in installing 4.10 ( i donnt want to screw my mod and what is the most exciting thing about xboxing. BC for some reason i have a feeling u probably have the MBF Xbox out glass casing and the whole 9 yards LOLOLOLOLOL and again ur great thanxs

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My Xboxs aren't anything fancy actually!

My main unit is a modchipped Xbox (from way back when) with a stock HDD.

My others are also stock, except Softmodded!

I use them almost only for streaming media from my server (1.6 TBytes and counting)

Then only thing that changes in them is the version of XBMC... They all have the black case, Samsung DVD drives and network access!

4. julcool

julcool Guest

ok here i am.
    What I have:
    -rooter
    -crossover cable
    -chipped Xbox (i have avaluch evox(the one that i use the most)and Xenium as dashboard

What i want to do:
    -i want to FTP to my Xbox so i can install games init because it is very old and it has difficulties to read games.

other info:
    Ip: 192.168.1.2 (it changes if i conect it to my Xbox
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.1.1

5. wunaBfree

wunaBfree Member

some1 help svp how do u step by step from 1st to last step download and install auto installer 4.10 Im mean to me as if i was stupid that how much probs i have

6. Adza69

Adza69 Guest

My new games will not play from the CD. It just jumps back to the dashboard. I followed chunkheads tips about checking the region etc. but it still didn't work.
    I copied the games to my HDD using DVD2XBOX, and tried playing the games again, but the it still jumps back to the dashboard.

This seems strange, because it cant be a DVD drive problem if the the games still won't play from the HDD, can it?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Guys, try and keep your individual problems out on the forum, not in this thread!

8. julcool

julcool Guest

but chunkhead your the one that said to me to go here and say my problem in another forum "how to ftp to your Xbox

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

This is the general troubleshooter page, not an individual issue thread!

Either post in thread linked above that most closely matches your issue or make a new thread on the forum!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  10. F3nri5

F3nri5 Member

hi chunkhead and all

nice tuts m8, im waiting for my AR
    to arrive hopefully this week. im going to
    use your tuts to do a softmod to get the eeprom.bin
    and then use a new 80G drive to try and create
    a virgin setup and if successfull ill softmod
    the new.........im kacking it!!!!!! but your
    tuts are very concise and easy to follow, nice 1

Regards

F3nri5

11. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

wassup, chunk? It's been a while since i've bugged you with newbie questions. Here it is: :D

- you sure a switch will solve my problems? i've been told only a router would since only a router splits and shares the signal and that switch has to be configured with similar IP's to get Xlink Kai to share the signal between the PC and the Xbox.

- i'm thinkin' of buying a 360. does xlink kai allow the 360 using the same method? can i kick ass on doa4 for free?

- you hear anything about modding the PS3? Got one for Christmas. Ninja Gaiden Sigma owns!!! Best game in ages

Thanks, bro. Hope you a had a cool Christmas (no pun intended) and a Happy New Year

12. maynard1

maynard1 Member

Very nice tuts! I find myself referencing them over and over. I am attempting to upgrade a xbox hd using your steps.
    Keep up the good work.

13. F3nri5

F3nri5 Member

good luck, ive done mine using chunks
    tuts. no hitch's either :) i even swapped
    my HDD with a 40GB a week later using
    chimp. take your time, read everything
    twice and do it once. once you can FTP
    backup your stock drive C and E and copy
    over the eeprom.bin for future use/repair.

F3nri5

14. royyor

royyor Member

hi chunkhead! i have a little problem with my xbox and i need some help plz!!! ok so here is the thing i have my xbox modded (i didnt modded i bought it like that) its an "evox V+3935'" anyway one day i was browsing through the many options that it had and i think i messed something up because it froze and so i had to restart it but when i did it it didnt have all the programs that it used to have, i had games saved on my xbox and some ROMS, apps and i cant see how to get to the settings.now it doesnt show it anymore the only thing it shows are the trainers and the options to change the skins.also it doesnt show the IPaddres and i dont know how to get them. i read in one of your troubleshooters something like this but i need more info in this cuz im new to this. i have tried to FTP my xbox and my pc but i cant i dont know what im doing wrong
    im really hoping that u could help me fix it
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  15. kpitgreen

kpitgreen Member

Hey Chunk, thanks for everything you've posted, seems like you've helped a lot of people out!! Now, I'm hoping you can help me out...

I've had a modded xbox for about four years now... I use it for games, movies, music, etc... i've got it networked to my PC through a dlink router; i use ultrafxp for movies/tv shows, and i use qwix for games.. And i haven't had a problem with anything until now...

Yesterday, i turned on my xbox, and suddenly there's a big NOLINK! error in the bottom left corner, which turns into 0.0.0.0 errx after a while... I've done some searching around the net, and after two days now of trying to come up with a solution, and i haven't been able to get anything to work... i've gone through all my settings on the xbox, enabled/disabled everything, and nothing helps... i know the cable and router still work fine, cuz my laptop gets internet from it when i plug it into the same cable... I'm lost!

Any help/advice/opinions/anything would be greatly appreciated...

thanks!

16. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

Ok here's my situation. I just bought an xbox like 2 weeks ago and it is able to read burnt games. I want to FTP into my xbox and I know you need a modded one. Im not completely sure if mine is modded since when i boot it up, it deos the regular xbox boot but it diplays EvoX in upper left hand corner. It deosnt have any fancy menus, displays, options or anything it just displays the regular xbox menu. Ive followed several guides on FTP but none of them work. I mess with the xbox connection setings(under the regular menus) and follow the steps a-z. Nothing works. some1 plz help. If my xbox reads burnt games deos that mean its softmodded? EvoX is Evolution X? BTW the xbox deosnt have a chip in it.

17. hgranados

hgranados Member

Hi chunkhead, I'm sorry to bother you.

The deal is that I've performed the soft mod process like a lot, but I always had the same result: Games won't load, they just keep me jumping back to the dashboard, even if I copy the game to the hard drive, same thing happens. Weird thing is that I have a couple of pirate games that actually work (wining eleven 9 and Cruzades)I can play snes roms, launch the media center with no problems, dvd2xbox everything but play other games than the wining eleven and the other that sucks by the way.. :p. I have use the tool for changing the video mode but it doesn't help at all.

I really appreciate any kind of help.

Best Regards.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  18. LostTambo

LostTambo Guest

Hi im having truble ftp'ing with my xbox. iv got it connected with a crossover cable and its NOT USING A ROUTER. But when i start Flashfxp and go connect it says :
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.0.3 -> IP= 192168.0.3 PORT= 21
    [R] Connection failed (Connection redused)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

and it just keeps repeting, can u plz help me

LostTambo

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  19. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

tried to install the AR and had the same problem. Except when i decide to look for the drivers in the installation folder... Man i was dumb... But it worked out perfectly this way.

How do you get stuff to the xbox hard disk? I'd like to get emulators, music... stuff like that in there

20. mrmixalot

mrmixalot Member

Morning, this has got to be the best XBOX thread I have seen

I have 2 consoles at the moment, both hard modded running EvoX

I think I'll pick up a third and try a soft mod

Thanks