1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to turn a DVD video into an Audio CD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by michigan, Aug 22, 2004.

1. michigan

michigan Guest

I have a couple of DVD concerts that I would like to turn into CD's to listen to in the car. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

What you need is a copy of DVD-Audio ripper, from ImToo at http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html
    It's $29 but is totally idiot proof, and will even handle the conversions to 16/44.1 WAV for CD-Audio, or even to MP3 if that is what floats your boat.

Top little app, and well worth the money.

3. michigan

michigan Guest

That's what I was looking for

Thanks wilkes

4. aramirez

aramirez Guest

If you happen to be creating a divx movie using smartripper and dvd2avi you should get the audio from the movie. If you need to put it on a CD you can download any nuber of filesplitters off the web because the audio will be to large for 1 CD.

5. michigan

michigan Guest

wilkes,

Have you used this program? Can you give me a little feedback on it. Is it quick anfd easy?

Thanks

6. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

It's extremely quick and easy.
    You simply load in the DVD, and rip the audio to the format you choose.
    Either WAV at 16/44.1 (it will do the resampling for you) or MP3 - the choice is yours!

7. michigan

michigan Guest

I am definatly going to give it a try. probaably next week I'll be back if I have any probs.

Thanks again