1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to turn a Flash animation into a playable dvd??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flashguy, Jul 5, 2003.

1. flashguy

flashguy Member

I sort of have an idea of how to do it, but I don't want to go out and buy a DVD-R until I really kow if it can be done. So I'm interested in a procedure that would get me from a flash animation to a DVD that could be played in a standalone DVD player. From reading these forums, my basic idea is to export the movie in AVI format, then convert that to an MPEG-2 using TMPGEnc. The thing is, the movie can't be a tiny little window like most Flash movies are. It's going to be played on a projector, so the image size has to be like a standard screen size. It's supposed to be a big presentation. I guess the initial question is what size should I export the avi file?
    Thanks for any help on this one...

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well all i know is what you have to do is get a flash cracker that will crack an swf file or a fl file, i think you can get one from astalavista.com but dont quote me on that lol. I'm not sure what the output format will be but it would be easy enuff to use an encoder like TMPGEnc then to encode to VCD/SVCD/DVD

3. flashguy

flashguy Member

I don't know if cracking the swf file is necessary. The Flash authoring program allows export of Flash movies to avi. I think I can handle the procedure to convert an avi file to DVD. The main thing is what resolution should the avi file be for a good quality and size DVD image...??

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

oh right well it will have to be a big resolution obviously because re-encoding a small sized avi file to a high DVD resolution would have terrible quality!!