1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to turn off a ps2???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by m4a1, May 9, 2003.

1. m4a1

m4a1 Member

this is kinda a noob question, but how do u turn off a ps2 correctly without jacking up(tehcnical errors) the system or game bacause my last ps2 broke down because i kept on turning it off using the main power switch.What i mean by technical errors is like the ps2 will crash and freeze and etc. I just bought a new ps2 so if anyone who cares about their ps2 a lot please answer my question.

thanks,
    peace

2. satesh

satesh Member

it is best to only power down from standby, or when the reset button is red.to get back to red from green, push and hold reset untill it goes back to red.

3. m4a1

m4a1 Member

so when im done playin a game i press reset and hold put the ps2 on standby? do i leave the disk in on standby?

4. satesh

satesh Member

yes and yes or no its up to you. I hardly ever turn mine off. I just leave it in standby most of the time._X_X_X_X_X_[small]satesh[/small]

Last edited: May 10, 2003
  5. Chelica

Chelica Member

As stated in the manual, the correct way to turn off your PS2 is the following:
    After you are done playing your game, press the eject button to take out the game disk (Never leave the game disk inside)
    Then press the eject button again to close the tray.
    Then you hold down the reset button until it turns red, the PS2 is on standby.
    Finally your click on the power button on the back.

6. satesh

satesh Member

you are WRONG! it does not say never leave the game inside. and it states to turn off main power switch IF you are not going to be playing for an EXTENDED period of time._X_X_X_X_X_[small]satesh[/small]

Last edited: May 10, 2003
  7. Chelica

Chelica Member

What are you talking about, leaving the game disc there is just asking to get into some trouble. If you own any other consoles you would know that it is NEVER good to leave your disc inside. Even for Gamecube, it says on each one of the games "after you finish playing, be sure to remove game disc from the console" Also if you browse the forum, some people are having problems with their PS2 because they left the disc inside the night before. As for having your system on standby, why would you want to do in the first place? If you are going to play like a few minutes after the session then leave in on standby, but if you look at the thread title is called "how to turn OFF a PS2" not how to put a PS2 on standby, so read carefully before accusing that one is wrong.

8. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

You never leave the game disc in the PS2 it states that in the manual.

9. Docta

Docta Member

What will happen to the PS2 if you don't take the games out before usinbg them?

And if i just turn off the PS2 in the middle of a game by using the main power switch will that screw my PS2 up too?

Thanks

10. Chelica

Chelica Member

Exactly what UB2cool4U states.

Nothing will happen to the game. It is the PS2 that is getting harmed by the fact that you are leaving it in there. I do not know exactly what and why, but take that extra 5 seconds to take the disc out.

As for turning it off while you are playing, do you mean putting it on standy first or just straight up switching the power switch off that is located on the back of the PS2? If that is what you are doing, stop. I would think that will harm your PS2, it is like a force power down.

11. Docta

Docta Member

okay thanks... i think i will take that 5 seconds of my precious life to take the game out.

Thanks!

12. Chelica

Chelica Member

Haha, no problem.