1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to turn your psp into a universal remote tutorial

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ryaniscoo, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ryaniscoo

ryaniscoo Member

download this link here and follow the instuctions to make your psp into a universal remote. if you have any problems reply to this post

2. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

I got 3.03OEC, but why does the universal remote instaler program say goodbye as soon as i run it and then return to XMB?
    I know its for PSP 1.5 only, but i have it set on 1.50 Kernal?
    Assistance would be appreciated.

3. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

It still won't work no matter what.

Unless you have 1.50

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  4. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

yh but i got a way to do it via ir shell,
    but do you know where i can get the samsung ir codes from?
    i been to remotecentral but they dont have the one i need

5. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Nope, sorry.

6. jnbean

jnbean Member

I had the same problem, what you do is download a remotes pack somwhere (i forget where) and then you extract them to the root of you memory stick and that should work.

7. beatz

beatz Regular member

or u can get irshell which has the updated universal remotes and if u go to the irshell website www.irshell.com u can download the remote code pack there with over 2000 codes

8. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

i have 3.52 M33-4 i put the ur_~1% folder in the game 150 folder i have a remotes pack where i got i put it in the root of the ms and the screen goes black and does'nt do anything one pack i got has two folders in it 1 is ur_~1% other is just ur folder then i actually have another files is just the remotes ok one is Universal_Remotes_massa84_0201 and the other isUniversalRemotes1_2 i believe the sites i got them from were maxconsole and the other was psp-hacks i have tried to download the file from qj but when i click on download the screen just flashes then goes right back to the screen i clicked download on no save box or anything pops up at all if anyone has any ideas i am all ears right now i am really stumped(scratches head)lol thnx

9. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

SUCCESS!!!!! the link at the top of the page worked.. everyone if you have a file on your ms game150 for your psp what you need to do is after extracting the files go into the psp folder then rename the game folder to GAME150 then go back after renaming it and put the psp folder into the root of the ms also drag the remotes folder to the root of the ms... you won't have to change the kernel to 1.50 i did'nt and it is working fine it should work after that.... good luck!!!