1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to uninstall virtual dvd drive ???

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by expresso, Oct 21, 2004.

1. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - i installed acohol 120 and didnt like it - but it installed a virtual dvd drive - i have a dvd drive and dvd burner - but only the burner is installed now - i have to return the reg. dvd drive - but when i check hardware - it shows my dvd burner and another dvd drive ? i dont think it should be there - since i dont have it installed and when i boot up - it dosnt show it - i tried to uninstall it and it comes back -
    will i have a problem when i get my new dvd drive and install it - is it going to show 3 drives ?
    how do i get rid of that virtual drive -
    acohol caused problems with dvd burning etc. and encoding with shrink
    i wont recommend it -
    thanks with any help

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I love Alcohol 120% I couldn't do with out it but in your case I would hate it then but here you go.

How do i remove the virtual drives

Q:- I uninstalled Alcohol but the virtual drives remain, how do i remove them?

A:- Go to control panels/system/hardware/device manager, find under "SCSI and RAID controllers" the Alcohol* SCSI controller, and remove it.

All Alcohol drives will disappear. Normally this happens automatically when you uninstall alcohol, unless at the uninstallation time you still had some image mounted.

You will Also need to remove Plug and Play Bios Extension from System Devices. and if needed the Virtual Drive Drivers from the Windows/System32/Drivers Folder.

* Name of the Virtual Drive Driver varies from version to Version.

3. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - thanks for the help - it worked - i had to remove the scsi and plug and play bios and rebooted
    and its gone - it was driving me crazy to see that virtual drive all the time - i heard that acohol 120 was good also - thats why i wanted to try it but for some reason - it gave me problems with other programs
    like dvdshrink - i think that was the problem - anyway i really dont need it - actually i am not even sure what excatly i can do with it - i have so many dvd programs - maybe that was a issue also
    thanks again -

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

No problem man, come back and visit. Im sure we're gaonna need your help.

5. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Nice one Geestar,
    I had the same trouble, so I followed your advice and knackered it completely.
    Nah only joking.
    Did have a problem re-installing it for a while but I cured that now.
    I couldn't do without it either