1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to *unmod* 360 drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Fordie00, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Fordie00

Fordie00 Member

Hi guys,

I have been searching round for a number of hours but haven't found anything that makes me confident about doing it.

I modded my Xbox360 BenQ drive years ago... Don't know what software I used or didn't create a backup of anything. All I remember doing is connecting the drive to my PC and holding the tray out from the Xbox. Now it plays my "Backups"

I want to put it back to original firmware so I can start playing online (Xbox has not been online before)

Can you help?

2. Aiur

Aiur Regular member

First off, there is a chance the system has been banned, even if it never went online. This happened to my brother and he had to go out and buy a new console to go online. The "unmod" process is the same as the modding process essentially. You use JungleFlasher and instead of flashing the drive with a firmware like ixtreme, you flash it with the stock firmware of the corresponding drive. You can find the stock firmwares in the newest firmware pack.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

The easiest way is to let Microsoft un-mod it for you.

If your dashboard is lower than 2.0.13599.0 just update via USB or Xbox Live. The update will flash it back to stock firmware.

4. CawkFour

CawkFour Regular member

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member