1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robdo

robdo Member

I have the serial lead null modem order code L71BT is this the correct cable as I'm still getting no available com port when I try to download the updated software my usb port is number 7 or 8 does this have to change and if so can anyone advise me how to change it

2. Stretch32

Stretch32 Member

Have updated many max-v boxes just like instructions on page 1 and again left waiting wit code updating message. What worked for me is inputting new codes straight away after upgrading and rescanning etc. All boxes still working fine.

3. SG8

SG8 Active member

They work fine without putting in the codes picture updates within minsute, but whatever you feel works for you.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  4. Stretch32

Stretch32 Member

They seem to be all different alright. left one all night and still didn't come on. another time just done another update under installation and hey all channels displayed.

5. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

can i just say thanks alot for the information my eurovox is back up and running now.

my uncle did it for me, i shown him this thread and he did it for me.

thanks alot guys, keep up the good work!!

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I followed SG8 instructions on pg 1 and updated my max v box and it worked perfect, I have done another 6 since and all working fine and updating code only takes arounld 30 secs at a time!, Make sure you input the right symbolrate in when you re scan!

7. spudz58

spudz58 Member

hi folks,

ive been reading your forum for several weeks now and must say firstly that its the best resource ive found on the net for this subject!

The reason for my post is that im having major difficulties connecting my eurovox max v to my laptop. I have the L71BT (Maplin) null modem cable connected to a usb adapter as recommended.

The problem is that when i plug the usb connector into the laptop, the 'found new hardware' wizard starts up but is unable to recognise the hardware and as a result i cant connect to the box to perform any type of update.

Ive tried it on 2 laptops now - one vista and one XP and the result is the same - Unable to install new hardware.

Please help, this is driving me insane and ill be eternally grateful if anyone can suggest what im doing wrong. Thanks in Advance!

8. gar81

gar81 Member

does com 3 come up when u try upload or download? if so go to device manager and go to the device for usb to serial and check properties and asign com 3 to this device

9. bigblonde

bigblonde Member

thanks for the instructions - just one question.....how long does it take to download the update?? Got the version 2.1 detected box on the screen and pushed start. lots of whirring from the laptop and says system reset but been sat looking at it not doing a lot for a long time!! Btw this is the first time - brand new box which needed software installing before use. TIA

10. reddanmm

reddanmm Member

help just downloaded the new fix for ch+++us downloaded fine ,followed the instructions clear data etc ,when i did a scan no transponders came up and no channels i entered 6.875 what am i doing wrong..

11. gar81

gar81 Member

Just like to thank sg8 for his time and patience, who could go wrong with your instructions, even with vista!!! there is an issue with com ports but can be solved in device manager.

12. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Look here see if this helps!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/655244

13. reddanmm

reddanmm Member

hi i am in limerick , thanks in advance

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Look up 2 posts ive updated it.

15. reddanmm

reddanmm Member

HI HI TEC THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BOX IS WORKING FINE UPDATED IN 20 SECONDS now to flash everyone elses boxes . thanks again

16. robdo

robdo Member

Thanks for that mate think that's solved it will try and flash the box tommorrow

17. SG8

SG8 Active member

If you unplug the box and plug it back in after it says system reset, this often kicks the download into life.

18. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

19. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

You are having exactly the same problem as me. Hiteck (graciously)is trying to help me get to the bottom of it so I'll let you know what comes of it. I don't suppose you have managed to sort it out?

20. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Have you tryed what SG8 said to do above??

I have emailed a well known member on here and asked him if he knows what the problem is. come back in a bit and see if you get a reply. All the best!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.