1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to update the firmware of a japanese wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by v_willems, May 23, 2007.

1. v_willems

v_willems Member

Hello Dudes,

I would like to update the firmware op my wii. I have a japanese wii and its connected trough wireless accespoint. The weather channels and the other internet stuff is working fine (except i dont understand it because it's al in japanese). I have done this with help of the english manual wich i downloaded. But it doesn't shows you the steps to take to download the latest firmware.

I would like to update my firmware but i dont speak/read japanese. Can anyone guide me trough the menu options to download the update?

Thnx in advance

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why in the world would someone get a NTSC(J) Wii if they don't speak Japanese?

Go into the Wii settings where the Network option settings where. It is there that you update the Wii.

I would assume since you have the English user manual that would also be included in it. So read the English manual.

3. jhojo81

jhojo81 Member

Maybe because of the fact that someone like me for instance despite being able to read and speak english and grew up in a country whose 2nd language is english NOW LIVES in a country that barely speaks english, let alone sells products in english, but despite that loves the Wii so much that we buy the damn thing even though it's in a version we can't understand, and was hoping that someone in this nice forum would help us upgrade it.