1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to upgrade to 3.50?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Reitfor, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Im currently downloading the 3.50 and i want to put it in a 3.30 Firmware psp, how do I do it? Cause I put it in a folder called update and then put that folder in games and called the file EBOOT.PBP but all I get is a corrupted data.

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

I'm sorry,I must be misunderstanding you. Did you just say that you want 3.50 (Official) Firmware? Why? Are you going to use the Lumines exploit to downgrade it or do you really want official Firmware?

3. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

I'm sure if he wanted official firmware he'd upgrade to higher than 3.50... unless he wants the option later.. but either way, there's no 3.50 CFW :p

Shouldn't there be a readme? There are a few threads on this, you have to rename the eboot to UPDATE.PBP and place it somewhere, I can't really remember how to do it well, take a search.

4. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Take the eboot.pbp and rename it update.pbp. Then create a folder entitled "UPDATE" in the sub-directory of GAME (%:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\).
    Now it should recognise it as an update and not as corrupt data.

5. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you don't rename the EBOOT.PBP, just place it in folder ms0:pSP/GAME/UPDATE and run it from MS

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/psp/guides/detail/item54261/

6. PeeEssPee

PeeEssPee Regular member

LOL AT MY PSP

I tried doing the update thing from my 3.40 OE-A psp and it came up with :

"The game could not be started. (DADADADA)"