1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use NERO

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ray40, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Ray40

Ray40 Member

I just got Nero but I am not sure how to use it. How do I back up my DVD's with Nero? Can some explain the process to me?

thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Ray40,
    Welcome to AfterDawn!

The first time I got Nero I thought I could just put a movie in and Nero would somehow burn it for me. It turned out I was wrong.

Nero cannot be used to copy any CSS protected movie.

But......

With a simple program called DVD Shrink you can "prepare" the movie first and then Nero will burn it very well.

What is really cool is that DVD Shrink will prepare the movie, and at the correct time, open Nero and start the burn process for you. All you need to do is just make sure you have a blank disc in the burner.

You can get DVD Shrink (free) at my website. Get DVD Decrypter as well. (You will need it at some point.)

ScubaPete has a bunch of guides there so take a look at them and get an idea of the steps you need to take.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Go to Nero.com and download the tutorials on the program. Nero cannot backup encrypted DVD's in its own, you will need another program such as DVD Decrypter (free) or AnyDVD (pay) to remove the protection. Then you can use Nero Recode2 to backup your DVD.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

Fasfrank you are faster

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  4. Ray40

Ray40 Member

Thank you Sir! Much appreciated. Let me know of any other little tid bits that may help.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You have come to the right place for tidbits!
    Surf around Afterdawn, especially the DVD-R for Newbies forum and you can get a good overview of what to look out for.

If you have any questions, try AD's search feature and if you can't find what you want to know please ask.

Cheers,
    Frank