1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use PS2 Reality Media Player and stream movies from a network location?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by deltoid, Apr 17, 2005.

1. deltoid

deltoid Member

Everyone keeps saying you can play divx movies on your ps2 with reality player and the movies can be on a networked computers harddrive.

I can't find anywhere which explains to me how to do this.

I've just sort of guessed what to do but it doesn't work so I'm asking for someone who knows how to do it or knows of a guide please send it to me.

What i've tried is booting Reality Player 1.50 from my memory card. Then running ps2vfs on the networked computer and telling it the folder to use.

Both the ps2 and the pc are set with port 6969. The ps2 had the correct IP address entered. And I clicked the Net Config button. But then when I go into the browser (on ps2 reality) nothing shows up. Like the screen loads but it just shows as though there is no files in there.

I try pinging the ps2 from my pc after I set up the IP and stuff in ps2 reality and clicked the net config button but I got no response.

So please someone help me out here.

2. deltoid

deltoid Member

3. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

ftp connection is what your after, do i search in Google of AfterDawn search engine.

4. deltoid

deltoid Member

What do you mean FTP connection? I did a search and it mostly came up with FTPing to your PS2. I can do that already. I just can't get it to network through reality player.

5. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

And I though ps2 reality wasnt useful at all. But it still sux.

6. deltoid

deltoid Member

Dude that makes no sense at all

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  7. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

When i said "though" i meant to type in thought lol. Im sayin ps2 reality player is shit man c'mon.

8. deltoid

deltoid Member

Yeah most likely it is.

Got any other suggestions for ps2 media player?

At the moment my best bet is looking like moving my linux box near the tv and setting it up as a divX box.