1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use Schtrom

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RXV2300, Mar 8, 2007.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Have never used this software & wanted some guide line on how to use this program.

In the "task" drop-down window there are few options, which one am I suppose to use?

Will be using for both xbox 1 & xbox 360

I've inserted original game in drive & chose different options but all Im getting is error messages. I'm pretty sure I'm not using it the way it should be.
    Can you please help/assist.

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

With a sc-d162c you do not need to adjust anything. select the drive, select a path if you wish. Click extract and bam youve got a patched iso and .dvd file ready for burning and playing,

3. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/
    read the guide on how to make back ups.
    If you have the fkashed Samsung DVD-Rom drive in your PC it is very simple. I suggest you use Xbox Backup Creator to do this. It takes 2 button presses and about 20 minutes and you'll have a copy all ready to burn.

I burn all mine with IMGburn. You just need to set the layer break on the first one.

tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal

If you are downloading them and have either a Hitachi drive, or a Samsung drive with firmware older than Extreme 3.3 then that is the only time Schtrom will really come into play, because you may have to stealth patch it if the uploader did not make it correctly.
    But the newest version of Xbox Backup Creator can also patch, it also has a stealth check mode which will tell you if all of the 4 major files (video, SS, DMI, PFI) are present.
    With a Samsung drive flashed with the latest Extreme 5.2 firmware you do not have to worry about anything but the SS file and video test passing.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  4. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

This is in reply to "SourD"
    Yes I'm using SH-D162C & presently uisng xbc & imgburn, both work prefectly.
    But I just wanted to use another software/program just to see how they work so that's why i wanted to use "SCHTROM".

Similar to xbc, does this read & write as well?

I tried to use it but no matter what task I choose in the drop-down window I get error " MyGetAltPhysicalFormatInformation failed!"

This is what I do & you tell me if it's incorrect.

I put original game in Samsung drive (Keron V0.081)
    When I open Schtrom, you'll see three tabs on top, info, tools, misc
    I only go to misc & make sure I have correct drive which is SH-D162C & choose either xbox 1 or 360 in disc type.
    In dvd rom type, I pick the samsung.
    Image path, is where you want to save so I'll choose a location.
    Now here is the part, no matter what task I choose this is where I will get error message mentioned above.

Any help/assistance please.
    Thank you,