1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Windows to Take Screenshots

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ireland, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Windows to Take Screenshots

ALSO RECOMMENDED PER

2oldGeek
    A MEMBER HERE AT AFTERDAWN

There are many tools out there for taking screenshots in Windows. However, it’s not necessary to install a third party application for this purpose. The Snipping Tool, included in Windows Vista and later, allows you to take various types of screenshots and edit and annotate them.

We briefly covered the Snipping Tool in our article about taking screenshots on almost any device, but we’ll go into more detail here, showing you how to take screenshots, save, edit, annotate, and email screenshots, and change the settings in the Snipping Tool.

To access the Snipping Tool, open the Start screen, if it’s not already active, by clicking the Start screen button on the left side of the Taskbar.

go here to read more

http://www.howtogeek.com/207754/how-to-use-the-snipping-tool-in-windows-to-take-screenshots/

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Thanks for the plug, Ire.. Have been using Snipping Tool for years now and most users don't even know it exists. It's great for laying out step by step instructions for a novice to remove a malware or repair a system problem. Also, extremely useful for the novice to send me screen shots of their problem so that I don't need my crystal ball in order to determine the problem. o_O

Keep up the good work, Ireland.. Seems like after you retired you are posting more useful stuff. I know the Macular Degeneration is playing hell with your sight. My father-in-law and brother-in-law both had it but my wife, so far, has not. God bless you.

2oldGeek