1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to verify WiiKey install?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by sudc321, Apr 5, 2007.

1. sudc321

sudc321 Member

Hi everyone, I just soldered my wiikey in and reassembled and nothing is working for me. How do I verify my wiikey install was successful? I have made a gc backup of doubledash and sonic for the wii, and a setup disc and the wii says it does not recognize the disc. I've tried using verbatims and memorex + and - r's. I've visually inspected the joints and and they all have connections. I heard of people using a voltmeter to see if all the points are soldered and I don't know whats wrong with my install. Any help would be appreciated, I've been going over this forum for the past few days and I can't find what I'm looking for.

2. Blackshep

Blackshep Member

did you wire install or quicksolder?

3. sudc321

sudc321 Member

I did the quick solder on the 2 larger, and wire on the smaller. I ripped the pad on the inner joint so I followed the trace and soldered a jumper directly to the pin on the IC. Will that work or do I need to repair the pad?

4. naivri

naivri Member

if the setup disc doesnt work, then its most likely a bad install

check and double check again

5. Blackshep

Blackshep Member

Also don't put your console together put disc in while it's still open so you don't have to keep openning it.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

use a voltmeter to check if you have current throughout that entire trace. I haven't seen any pics of alternative solder points but you may need to do a search for one. If you ripped the pad, you can repair it by using a razor blade and scraping away the PCB until you can see a shiny metal point where it connected to the pad. I highly recommend good lighting and a magnifying glass