1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to view movies from pc to tv pls help?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by vekka1981, Nov 30, 2011.

1. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

Hi there everyone!!

I'm very new at this question that i'm going to ask, so please don't judge me..

I've been hearing lots about how someone can view a movie that the've downloaded from there computer, and they can watch it on there tv...

What i would like to know is how does this work, and what do i need to make this work..?

So this way here i can save burning dvd's i can just watch stuff on the tv..

If anyone can please help me out with this, and guide me into the right direction on what software/hardware do i need to make this work...

thanks

2. vick79

vick79 Member

First off, are you using a laptop or desktop?
    Second what kind of tv and what inputs do you have?
    Third, do you have an xbox 360 or ps3 hooked to it and networked, for both of these game systems have ability to play video off the network.

3. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

I'm using a desktop, I have a sharp HD aqua's 32inch.. I have no ps3, xbox360, etc... I do have a wireless internet..

4. vick79

vick79 Member

Unfortunately, the computer must be close enough to the tv to use a wire. I don't know if you are using a video card or onboard video. Either way, you will have to check on the back of the computer where your monitor hooks up, and see if you have a DVI port next to the VGA port. If you have one, you can buy a cable that converts from DVI to HDMI. If you only have that one output, check your tv for a VGA input and you can connect the tv as your main monitor.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

use second port on graphics card to run a cable to the tv,if comp is dvi output & your tv is hdmi input,use a dvi to hdmi adapter,for audio use a premade cable & connect one end to your computer sound output & the RCA ends to the tv or house stereo,more info can be found if you search forum there are multiple threads of the same