1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to watch HD with this tv??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by landras, Aug 30, 2007.

1. landras

landras Member

hi everybody, I just got this tv as a gift from a friend that updated her TVs (she got two Vizio 50"). I'm very ignorant about HDTV, so my question is what I have to do in order to be able to watch tv in HD with this TV? may I get the air-HD signals? or I have to have cable or Dish? (I'm living in USA). thank you very much for your help

http://www.dealtime.com/xGS-kp57wv600

2. splman

splman Member

If you have cable already you can get hd channels through it i get like 17 channels in hd and i don't have the box and if you don't have cable they sell a antenna that is hd.Dish you will need a hd box to recieve hd channels.That tv you have nice.

3. ulagy

ulagy Member

Your TV is "HD ready" not "HD built in". You have to get a HD tuner box to view HD channels. From your manual it says:
    "Digital TV Standard HDTV-Ready - Requires separate receiver to view HDTV signals."
    You cannot use an antenna to pickup HD channels. You can only use an attena to pick up HD channels if your TV had "HD built in". Hope this helps.

4. landras

landras Member

thank you guys, looks like I have to spend some money.
    The Tv is really nice, has a lot of features and the best part was for free!!
    Definition in PS2 could be better but...