1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by s85hx, Mar 29, 2007.

1. s85hx

s85hx Member

I got my XB 360 flashed in december last year. I have had no problems with it and I have owned it since about jan/feb 06. It plays perfectly fine backups of XBOX 360 games.

I decided to play GTA 3 san andreas on it the other day and it won't play the backup. It tells me that it is not compatible on the list and that the list is at v1.0.

I downloaded the updates from xbox.com and ran the CD. It said it had updated succesfully, then when I tried the game again, i got the same error message.

What can i do so that I can play the game. I've not got the original to hand, since I have moved since, but I know that the backup worked fine on the XBOX. I can get the original but I think I would probably have the same problem.

Can anyone help??

Thanks

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

it wont play because origonal xbox 1 games need to be backed up in a different process to play on the 360. that is my thoughts of why it wont play for you. bc i bet if you put in an origonal copy of gta 3, it would play perfectly.

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yep its because its not been backed up to work with the 360, you have some other things you will need to do. but im not sure about what exactly besides just rip it with your dvd drive you use for making backups for 360 and burn it to a dual layer dvd

4. s85hx

s85hx Member

Even though the drive reads it, its still not compatible??

So, how can I fix this problem, is there anyway I can do it without having to obtain the original disk. Is there anyway I can do it with the backup disk??

Thanks for the help

--------------------------------

Also, I was just wondering on another note, if someone could clarify whether or not I can go onto XBOX live with a flashed xbox 360 with original games

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the game has to be patched just like a normal 360 game and i think you can do it with the burned one but im not sure, and yes live is safe, even with burned games

6. s85hx

s85hx Member

Thanks for your help mikeismad so is their a tutorial I can follow with my current backup to rip and patch for x360???

Thanks again

7. s85hx

s85hx Member

I've tried to use xbox backup creator and it won't let me use a backup of the original xbox 1 game. Is there any other software that I can use??

8. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

I have got the same problem with halo 2. Someone please help!??????

9. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

I must have a pretty gay mod chip installed in my 360 because it just will NOT read xbox 1 backups on DVD5's (single layer) and i have tried a ton of tutorials.

I just copied the game files over and rebuilt the ISO using XDVD Mulleter.

I selected the folder with the game files,

then chose "create DVD9 ISO" (the first one),

make sure the XBE is valid,

I loaded an ss.bin i had from another game i dont know if the universal option works probably does,

no media stealth checks,

option for disk size DVD9

Hit make ISO button and wait.

To burn i used img burn and changed the layerbreak to 1913776.

I have done Predator concrete jungle like this and has worked. I tried GTA San An but gives me an error right before its going to get into the game for some reason. Maybe its the media i used i dont know.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

DodgeM4s
    do you have a Samsung DVD drive in your 360 flashed with Xtreme 5.2 firmware? If not then i do not think it will play DVD5 anyway. (it may be Xtreme 5.0 or above)

I also do not think XBC works with back up copies at all. I remember someone telling me that you could not use it to make a copy of a backed up game. You best bet is to start serching the torrent sites as there are a LOT of people converting Xbox 1 games so they can be played on the 360 on DVD5. Personally i have an Xbox anyway so i could care less.

11. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

Tbo i wouldn't have a clue on what drive i have in my 360 or what its flashed with. When i got my 360 i took it somewhere to get modded asap i wish i waited a little longer so i can just flash it instead o_0

I have not tried to make a backup of a backup using xbc but i have a mate on msn that sais that he has done it. I would try my self but dont wanna keep making dual layer coasters.

I also have an xbox 1 and have all my games installed onto the hdd but the reason i want them to play on my 360 is so i can play them on my home made projector which only has VGA input and plus the gfx are SOO much better on the 360. Predator concrete jungle looks very nice.