1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to ??

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by buddy001, May 12, 2007.

1. buddy001

buddy001 Member

hi folks hope help is out there , been a complete newbie, is there anyone out there with a little understanding, aving put off the burning process ect for sometime, i thought now maybe the time to learn and download stuff for the kids ie cartoons and films, so could someone please please ...help
    but you must put it in basics..lol and step by step i av the dvd writer / dvd decrypter/ dvd shrink if all helps many thanks in advance ..

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you don't have a Torrent program installed then the alternative is the likes of Limewire (with all the attendant problems inherent in that).
    http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

If you have problems setting up software then it would be best to have a teenager set it up.
    The torrent program comes with search capabilities to find material to down-load.

If the D/L's are in AVI format and you have a DVD player that can show them (ie DivX compliant), then the file(s) need merely be burned to a DVD disk as data.
    Nero Burning Rom is one app that does this.
    If your player needs the files in 'DVD' format, the AVI files need converted.
    The conversion will reflect your tv screen shape (regular or widescreen) and if you live in PAL (UK) or NTSC (North America).

The converted files are authored to disk using the likes of Nero (which creates a menu) or DVD Shrink+DVD Decrypter (which doesn't).

3. buddy001

buddy001 Member

thanks attar,will have a look at that programme, ive heard of limewire from some others but say u can pick allsorts of trouble up also theres another i understand called kazaa i think, all i want is to get cartoons an films downloaded for the kids lol but there seems to be so much confusion but i guess like all things once u know how its easy...