1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How top play jap import on ps2 using swap magic.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ballers, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ballers

ballers Member

I have ps2 console usa.I have 2 jap ps2 game that want to back up and save it.I burn it using nero but when i boot it w/ it swap magic wouldnt work only black screen.how do i burn and play backup ps2 jap game on ps2 usa console using swap magic.help.thanks.i just need a guide on jap. backup game and booting it.

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You need a converter. PM me with your email and I'll give you it along with instructions on using it.

-Mike

3. jolimule

jolimule Member

As a matter of fact, i might need one too :-(, what kind of converter ?
    Swap magic is not enough ?

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Patches the ISO disc image to fix the colour and screen to work with your region. And no, Swap Magic isn't enough. It has a region force boot method but cuts the screen. Converter is much better. PM for it.

-Mike

5. ballers

ballers Member

i'll give you my email.It is Ballers_20@hotmail.com.Thanks for helping me out.i apreciate it.I want to play japanese import and back it up.Thanks.

6. Druxun

Druxun Member

I'm having trouble just even playing the import game by itself. I have the swap magic discs and tools but just can't seem to get the game to load. . . am i going to be forced to just mod my PS2(slim) or am i doing something wrong?

7. ballers

ballers Member

To play original ps2 japanese game load up ps2 swap magic.then wait till it loads.Then you choose the ntsc or pal not default depending on the ps2 game import it is.look at the back of the import cover of the game it should tell you it.theneith choose ntsc for jap or usa game and pal for europe or canadian game.Then boot it up.play.need help then reply back again.

8. Druxun

Druxun Member

I'm still having difficulties. I have both disc however, i think that my DVD ROm driver disc is faulty. When i place it into my machine it doesn't load any swap disc screen or anything but rather just loads the select memory card/disc screen.
    The game in question that I'm trying to play is Battle Stadium D.O.N. However, i can't seem to load it with the CD rom driver disc. Which then leads me to assume that i'd have to use the DVD one, however i can't even get to a swap disc screen.
    Your thought on asolution or the problem itself . . . Thanks