1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How well do n64 roms work?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tankpower, Mar 29, 2005.

1. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I have Surreal 64 but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble of getting n64 roms again. I had some before but my pc sucked at playing anything but Mario 64. Zelda, Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie, etc all ran like crap.

Does the xbox do a better job with these roms so they play like the original carts? Or are they choppy and unstable?

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

Most games are a little choppy and some are unstable. If you're collecting old games to put onto your xbox, then go for it.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If you're gonna run roms on your xbox, it's a good idea to think about upgrading your RAM. The standard xbox has 64 MB RAM, and thus all of the roms won't run perfectly. If you can find a good deal on some RAM, and you're serious about roms, then buy it and install it in your xbox.

5. philipman

philipman Regular member

How do you install it because that sounds like a good idea.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I haven't done it myself, but I imagine that installing it in the xbox isn't different than in a PC.

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The extra RAM won't help with the emulators, trust me. I had my RAM doubled to 128MB by FriendTech and Surreal64 still runs like poop. The additional RAM only helps if you're using Linux.

8. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Uhh, ram in a PC involves a simple snap, and your done. Xbox requires alot more....Like soldering and that whole deal. Plus its not your everyday run of the mill stick of ram either..

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

harder that the uber tiny points on a ps2,that's for sure. And there are a few hundred super small legs that you have to solder onto the board,I wouldn't advise just anyone to attempt it.