1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How well does "Snes-Station" work so far?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xRichManx, Aug 29, 2004.

1. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

I read at the website that the speed and compatibility isn't 100% yet, but I want to hear how it is in more detail from you guys.

Also, if you can answer this. Which is better? Snes-Station or the snes emulators for Dreamcast.

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

nes-station is fine but some times does not run smootly

3. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

what do you mean by "some times does not run smoothly?"

Do you mean like:

"I'm playing Super Mario World, and it's running smoothly, then I get to the first castle and it starts to get all laggy on me then crash!!!" (meaning that it'll work smoothly sometimes, then it will go unstable)

or. . .

"With Super Mario World it runs completely smoothly, but then I tried to play F-Zero and that game didn't work well at all" (meaning that some games work, some don't)

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

When I compile a Super Nintendo rom disk not all roms work.I normally get at least 5 or so that will not load up.I can actually press on them and it will show either a black screen with jittery music or something like that.I have no problems with it to be honest I think it is actually the roms man.If you get a rom that is good it will play flawless and you can save them like the PGEN which is for Sega Genesis also.

5. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Well, I tried it out and it works pretty well!

It's just kinda like what the above user said, a blank screen showed up on one game. StarFox lagged too, and I noticed little lag in some games, but nothing too bad.

I tried to play Super Mario RPG, it was running smoothly. then I got into a fight with one turtle guy and when the battle was loading up I just got stuck at a blank screen.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. Can I leave the roms inside a zip/rar archive? When I made my first Snes-Station disc I left the games uncompressed. Just wondering.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  6. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

On the SNES-Station site it says one of the changes in the newest version is the loading of zipped ROM files, but I've never tried it.