1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW WILL MY PS2 BACKUPS NOT PLAY

Discussion in 'PS2' started by EVILUTION, Apr 13, 2005.

1. EVILUTION

EVILUTION Guest

CAN ANYONE HELP ME !
    * I can not get my dvd ps2 backups to play, i am using dvd drcrypter and nero to make back ups and use swap magic 3 version 3.6 to boot them.
    * I have tried copying at different speeds ( lowest and max ) with no joy. After loading the swap magic disc and trying to play the backup it will not load game and a message comes up saying enter a ps2 disc, i can copy cd games and play them with no bother it is only dvd games.
    * Another member of this site told me to try using the cd disc for playing dvd games but that has not worked has anyone heard of this.
    * I have tried using dvd + rw and dvd - rw but still nothing.

Please can anyone help me anything that works would be helpful.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

What version is youe ps2, i know some of the older modles dont play + or -RW and thats what it sounds like. My ps2 is a verions 7 and i can not play game backups on -RW or +.

Also what are the games your having porbs with?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  3. munx

munx Regular member

have you tried burning a plain ole -r good dvd media at 1 x?

4. EVILUTION

EVILUTION Guest

Dear member, i think my ps2 is version 8 but not sure. I am having problems with all dvd games, but can play copies of cd games. Can you give me any ideas and how do you copy your games and what discs do you use. Thanks

5. EVILUTION

EVILUTION Guest

Dear munx, did you mean an old-rw at x1

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I always use Alcohol 120% for my backups, I use TDK & Verbatim DVD-R and burn at anywere from 2x to 8x. EVILUTION do you have a burner that can burn dvd-r?

7. SPIKE2004

SPIKE2004 Member

I use DVDDcrypter, though it reads at about 10x and use dcrypter to write the disc at 4x, I use Bulkpaq discs or Ritek, or datawrite, all work fine I've just done mercenaries read at 10x write 4.1x and works a treat.

8. santy

santy Member

you can' use RW, they usually dont work , try with a DVD-R

9. Fletchrgj

Fletchrgj Member

Santy's right RW don't work, I first used +R (as its what I use 4 films) but they didn't work but -R Datawrite titaniums work good. Also DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120, CDDVDgen and ISO Buster help.

Shadow of Rome, Mercenaries and a few others need to be rebuilt using some apps above. I use SM V3.6

10. santy

santy Member

I use swap magic 3.3 , and I think they dont work because swap magic doen not boot DVD RW