1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How'd You Get GT4 on Harddrive?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Argg, May 3, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

Dude, I know there an official Thread for this, but it's over 1000 post.

I've heard someone brag they got it on thier harddrive, but did not mention how they did it.

Can somebody let me know. Did you use Hd Advnace, Hd Loader. Did you burn an import first. Was the burn made up of a flattened game.

2. Argg

Argg Regular member

Nobody Answered the Last 4 Questions I asked on here. Even with Bumbs.

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I have GT4 running off my hdd and it works fine you need a file called HDLSOURCE.ELF installed on your memory card. Do you have swap magic or some other way of booting backups?

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  4. Argg

Argg Regular member

All I have is Hd Advance. I ordered Swap and it should arrive soon. But it's 3.6. Is 3.6 bad?

5. omg1234

omg1234 Member

Nop, 3.6 is fine.

You'll need to rip the game, patch it then make it into an iso again. Next, take your harddrive and make it secondary master or w.e. you want and use a program like winhiip to transfer the iso onto the harddrive. Finally put your harddrive back into your ps2 and load it with hd advance. You need to read the instructions really carefully .. and when i mean carefully i mean word for word.

Basically in that official thread of 100 pages. You would find the link to another forum with the patches/instructions. You'll find a link to winhiip if you search this or that forum.

http://www.ps2hd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032&page=1&pp=10

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

7. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

is there ne way to get GT4 on a hard drive without swap magic. All i have is a slide tool, hd advance 2.0, a 160 hd, a laptop, & a dvd burner. Is it possible?

8. pallytuna

pallytuna Member

Do as omg 1234 says and it'll work fine with your hd advance. Mine does.

9. Argg

Argg Regular member

Haha. Thanx OMG. I already been there. But I can't understand all that Hexgen command prompt stuff. Eventime I figured out one thing, I ran into another.

I asked for a simple old ppf patch, But I don't know where to get one. Is it in the zip file in that link that you gave me that said. "Pal ppf..."?

10. Argg

Argg Regular member

Poor Sniper, Nobody ever Answeres his questions. Which I could help you out cuz.

11. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

sniper78 unless you have swap magic, modchip or some method of FTPing it to your memory card then no.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  12. williej

williej Regular member

omg1234 is correct

You'll need to rip the game, patch it then make it into an iso again. Next, take your harddrive and make it secondary master or w.e. you want and use a program like winhiip to transfer the iso onto the harddrive. Finally put your harddrive back into your ps2 and load it with hd advance. You need to read the instructions really carefully .. and when i mean carefully i mean word for word.

It took me 2 tries, but you need to carefully follow each and every instruction. You can't go online with it unless you use the disc. But still ... it's awesome. I have saved the ISO on my PC. I am even burning the ISO info onto a DVD to save for later.