1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 630i for PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 916Prince, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 916Prince

916Prince Member

I was just wondering...my storebought San Andreas is starting to skip like 2 seconds out of every two weeks...and I've begun to notice scratching on all my games...so I'm buying a DVD Burner...

Just wondering, is this burner any good...I'm a little lost as to what to look for in a DVD Burner for PS2 Backups...

I've heard good things about the HP300i so hopefully the same goes for the 630i...

I think it burns both DVD+R and DVD-R and its a dual layer burner...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...0050005&logon=&langid=EN&dept=18&WLBS=fsweb25

So this is a good burner? No? Comments are welcome...

By the way, I'm thinking about going for a flip top and Swap Magic...don't want to risk a mod chip...I don't even know if its legal or not...

[bold]EDIT: I felt that it would be better posting on this forum because it relates to PS2 backups specifically...that's all I need it for...for now...

Does the burner change the fact that a game works or not...I mean, can I buy the cheapest burner out there and expect to make backups successfully? As long as I can burn onto DVD-R. A lot of people on this board favor that over DVD+R.[/bold]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  2. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Well...its pretty much a done deal...I'm going to set my order tommorow for a PS2 Magic Swap Discs and the Flip Top Cover!!

And once I get that, I'll go to my local store and pick up a DVD Burner!!

3. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Uh-oh...the only reason I want to get a DVD Burner is for this...and if I find that it doesn't work...then the burner is pretty much a waste of money...

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

how old is your ps2? do you know what version it is? thar reference mostly refers to the earlier versions of ps2

5. 916Prince

916Prince Member

I have a V7...fairly new...but not that new...

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a v7 should have no problems reading dvd+r or dvd-r discs