1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp 840x DVD burner issue

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Roids1869, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Roids1869

Roids1869 Member

Ive had this dvd burner for almost a year. I havent had a problem with it until recently. One day i tried burning a blank hp lightscribe cd and it wouldnt recognize that there is a blank cd in the drive.I tried different blank media. I did notice it will recognize a blank dvd but not a blank cd. I figured i may try to buy some more blank cd's and see if that would fix the problem but i figured i wouldnt have a problem with hp's on cd blank media. I even tried to update the firmware but when i try it says model mismatch.Does anybody have any ideas on what i can do or am i stuck on having to buy another dvd burner?!?1

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Make sure you get the correct Firmware for your drive (From HP) and update the firmware this should solve your problem. If not then try some different discs before you go buying another drive. Then again it could be a good excuse to get a new drive also ;-)

3. Roids1869

Roids1869 Member

Well sad to say i already tried the firmware. Its says model mismatch everytime i try it. I have tried dvd's they work fine. Ive tried different cd's they still dont work so im assuming my drive is fucked up. LOL its an excuse but oh well.