1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP and Memorex DVD-R media with dvdx copy platium

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lanawag, Aug 17, 2004.

1. lanawag

lanawag Member

I have a TDK 440N dvd burner and I cant use HP or Memorex blank dvd media with dvd x copy platium but I have used maxwell and it worked.. I have like 100 HP and Memorex blanks and wanted to use them instead of buying more... When it says put in blank dvd I do and green light comes on and I click copy but then it comes up write disk error , any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks
    Lana

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

It appears the HP and Memorex media are incompatible with your drive. If the burn errors out right away it may mean the the Power Calibration failed - the drive will burn to a small amount of the disc at first to calibrate the laser power and if it doesn't go well the write will be aborted.

It's posswible that a firmware upgrade could help the situation since new firmwares typically increase media compatibility. Here's link to TDK's firmware page:

http://www.tdk.com/support/dvdburners/

Could you do us a favor and run both a Memorex and HP disc through DVD I dentifier and post the manufacturer ID?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member