1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp computer wont boot blue sreen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lifespeed, Feb 13, 2007.

1. lifespeed

lifespeed Member

hi i have farily new hp a1654n computer with xp preinstalled on it with a recovery partition. the problem is that every time i start it normally the xp logo comes up and then a blue sreen shown up for a split second and restarts, now i tried booting form the recorvey partition it starts up but it freezes (like the no mouse or keyboard and num lock light on or off)then it goes to a blue screen saying a fatel error has occured stop c000021a and thats it so can someone help me?

thanks

p.s (this happened to me on my custom built pc but different error and has able to fix it by copying some files over from my xp cd that i have)

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

could be a bad hard drive or bad ram

3. bobbintb

bobbintb Member

maybe a bad hard drive or just hard drive errors. does it boot in safe mode? if so then its probably a bad install. if it still doesnt boot in safe mode try running chkdsk and it might be able to repair the problem. i have had success with it before.

4. bobbintb

bobbintb Member

if it does boot into safe mode:

Windows XP Embedded SP2 Feature Pack 2007
    c000021a Error
    Description

When you attempt to boot your target system, a blue screen is displayed with the message "c000021a".

The most common cause of this error is a missing device driver dependency. This can occur even if the device driver is not critical for the system to boot. For example, Redbook.sys is not required to boot the system. But if one of its dependencies, Ks.sys, is not included in the run-time image, the system displays the error code 0xc000021a.
    Resolution

1. Identify missing dependencies. For information, see Checking Dependencies in Windows XP Embedded Studio Help.
    2. If you determine that a dependency is not missing, then the error probably occurred because a file that the driver depends on is missing. Use the Microsoft® Visual Studio® Depends utility, which runs using the Depends.exe file, to view the statically loaded libraries. The libraries are located in the import section of the binary file. Search for required files that are missing from your run-time image.