1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DVD burners. Good for Gamecube/wii and x360?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Lassic, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Lassic

Lassic Member

Hello

I am planning on buying a HP PC desktop with comes with its own DVD-RW burner.
    I'd like to know how good is this HP DVD burner to burn gamecube games into mini DVDs and also, xbox 360 and wii games on full DVDs (both single and dual layer discs).

I know that i should buy a pionner or nec instead, but i wonder if those HP burners could do the job just fine.

Thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Chances are the drive you get in the PC will be an OEM version of another make of drive anyway or a rebadged version of another drive.

WHat really matters is that you have up to date firmware and you're using decent media (discs) to burn on to.

3. Lassic

Lassic Member

Hello, it's me again

Guess what... i bought that HP Desktop.
    It comes with a Samsung DVD-RW. Model is TS-H652M. Chipset is mediatek or Toshiba. Can't say exactly.
    There are no new firmwares from HP for this burner. The original firmware has more than 18 months...
    I can't get any game to work with it. I only used mini-dvds. I tried Smac - media code is MBI (not Fake) - and Iomega - media code is CMC (crap, crap, crap). I burned with imgburn at 4x that smac and with cloneDVD at 2-2.4x those iomega. Not successful.

I will try ridata excellent 4x next and use imgburn at 2x and i will turn off that burnproof feature. ( i read that it's not a good to use it).

Did anybody use mini "ridata excellent"? Was it any good?

Thanks!

4. Lassic

Lassic Member

Just a correction. It's "ritek excellent", not "ridata excellent".
    I dunno what media code is it (probably ridata g04). You can check this media at http://www.ritek.com/p2-pro1-dvd_w.asp