1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DVD writer 300n DVD prob

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ragamon, Mar 14, 2005.

1. ragamon

ragamon Member

hey i just joined the site and looks great so far , i have a problem with my hp dvd 300n, everytime i want to burn movie files to a dvd it always prompts me "insert blank disc" but i already have,i know there is a thread exackly on this topic buit i couldnt reply becuase i just joined, one thing that i didnt see in that thread was that i deleted my recordnow ages ago becuase someone told me to use neroburner does that make a diference? or do i have to use recordnow program which i got when i brought my comp?also dop i need specific dvd blanks because i just got a no name type of dvd blank which i tried and it always says "insert blank disc" when i already have it in there?

2. budberner

budberner Guest

What program are you using?? My clone2 says that every time for a brief moment, then proceeds without problem

3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Good media is a must but I can't say for sure that is your problem. Prolly wouldn't hurt to try some high quality media, maybe some RW's for practicing.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

the 300n only burns +r blanks... so make 100% certain that you aren't using -r. My 300n likes Maxell DVD+R 4X and Ritek Ridata DVD+R 4X(unfortunately it only recognises them as 2.4X so it takes a little longer to burn).
    Also, your firmware should be version 3.20(the most current from HP).