1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DVD Writer 300n - Power Calibration Error

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by referee77, Dec 29, 2003.

1. referee77

referee77 Member

I have had this DVD Writer for about a month now. Only in the past fews days (after I formatted my hard drive) have I been receiving this error. I try burning a CD and/or DVD at different write speeds and I still receive this error. I also tried re-installing both Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.1 and Ahead Nero 6.0.0.23., but I still receive the same error when attempting to burn with either program.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?? I thank you in advance.

2. FrankTank

FrankTank Guest

been having the same problem...however it only shows up with certain kinds of media, esp. e3works. just keep reburning and you should be ok, and is it fails, the same dvd can be used again (it will not be a coaster)

3. surf714

surf714 Member

I have an HP300i and experienced the power calibration error after upgrading my OS to XP. I was about 1/2 way through a spindle of blank media that worked fine with Win98SE.

I switched brands of media and have not had a problem since switching. Hope this helps.

4. janeavery

janeavery Member

I have the HP300n burner on my new HP a330n Pavillion and suddenly cannot finalize a disc. I have been using Platinum 3.1.1 and successfully backed up about 70 DVD's. I haven't downloaded new software or changed anything outside of the standard Windows updates.(Got rid of blacklisted software when I first started out.) I did an uninstall and reinstall this past weekend in Safe Mode. Ireland sent me the newest patin couffin driver and it's in the PCSetup file, says it's good. All of my attempts have stopped reading at 99% and burning at 99% resulting in unusable discs. Has anyone else experienced this problem and fixed it? At this point, I'm planning to totally restore my computer to original software and start over this weekend. (I'll have to save my extras and set them up again.) Or I'll have to buy a different burner.
    I have been using TDK DVD+R for my burns. The first 70 worked fine so I don't think it's my media. The burner still makes CD's just fine. Just can't burn a DVD with Platinum.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its a media problem. The software attempts to write a small piece to the disc to calibrate it, media that is crap (for that particular Writer) wont work and you get that error.