1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP dvd writer dvd200i

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spitfire, Dec 22, 2002.

1. spitfire

spitfire Member

does anyone here use this kind of dvd burner? Just wondering because Ive tried everything and I just cant seem to get my DVD game backups to work. I can get my cd games to backup like that but i have trouble with dvd games. I have a V4 Playstation, a Hewlitt Packard 200i burner, The usb mod chip from modchip.com, and I used the cheap dvd+r that came with my burner. Is it the dvd+r i used or what? Also i used RecordNow Max to burn it. I used the instructions on psxcopyworld.co.uk and still nothing. I put it in my ps2 with the mod on booted it up with gameshark and nothing happens it just freezes. Anybody else having this problem?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Oke, I have a HP 200i DVD burner too.
    Just made my 25e DVD copy so everything is fine here !
    I have a PS2 30004R v5 with Messiah, so i can't really help you on this one.
    You should check the startup procedure again..

I copy with Nero 5.5.9.17 on the fly on DVD+r and +rw (Platinum/HP/Verbatim)

3. spitfire

spitfire Member

hey wizkid could I possibly give you my email address and maybe you could walk me through it the way you do it. Maybe Im just not doing it right with recordnow max. Also what do you mean by checking my startup procedure?

What boot method do you use?
    Thanks

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I can help you but only on this forum (that's were a forum is for). Sorry no offense but I am not spreading around my email address.
    What I mean is how you boot these DVD backup you made...
    I have Messiah so I don't have to swap anything..
    I read the directions on www.modchip.com and it's pretty obvious that the usb modchip doesn't startup any DVD backups !!!
    You have to buy a better Modchip (like Messiah or Magic) to start DVD backups !!!!