1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp factory restore disks

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by damiser, Apr 7, 2007.

1. damiser

damiser Guest

sorry guys but i got a ??? :::

I have a brand new set of Hp factory restore disks that they sent me awhile ago but have never used... i recently sold my pc and my buddy wants my disks. It is not a HP but it is a compaq.. Is there any kind of patch or a way to install these disks onto his pc? when you put it in and reboot it says system not supported..

2. ireland

ireland Active member

you post sort of does not make sence

are they the disks for the computer you sold him? if not,no

compaq is owned by hp..

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll save you time. NO. he needs to get a real copy of windows or discs made for his pc.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

And i'll correct Auslander by saying no, they won't work, he needs compaq specific discs.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm going to attack you with the entire works of barbara streisand blaring, dan. ^.~

6. damiser

damiser Guest

lol figures... actually i had to make a copy of the 1st disk and add a patch i found.. it accepted it and is installing atm but not sure if it will go all the way or not we are only on disk 4 of 7 so we will see.. ill let yall know.. thanks guys i didnt think it was possible either

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

even if it works, it's not smart. you're starting off with drivers not made for that machine.

if you've got a windows serial key (and you should, somewhere on a sticker on the case), then just download the proper version of windows and burn it, using that key.