1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP LS problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dale3803, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dale3803

dale3803 Member

Ok so here it is. I have been backing up my dvds for awhile now. I have just bought a hp 6149 about a month ago. When I first started backing up my dvd's with this rig it was taking about 45 min max for copy and burn. Well I went out and bought a 10 pack of LS +R just to see if I liked it. Well I think I have scribed 2 dvds now. For one thing the image looks kind of smeared. The big prblem though is that I have backed up 2 other dvd's and one took me about 1 hour 32 minutes and the other took 2 hours 12 minutes. Now for the question. Does anyone know of this being a prblem or do I just have a bad drive? I went on LS website and they kind of beat around the bush when asked if this shortened the life if the drive. So I just dont know if its me or if I need to deal with hp. Because after I had bought this notebook I ad learned that HP's support is horrible. I would appreciate and help or advice. Thank you

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm a little confused..... are you talking about burning times for the DVD or are you talking about putting an image on the LightScribe side of the DVD? If you're talking about the LightScribe image it should take about 52mins or more but 2 hours!!! wow.... that's a long time. did you update you LightScribe software to the latest version? I'm surprised that the LightScribe website didn't help you more than it did. When I was new to LightScribe they helped me install the current LS software and made sure that my drive was installed properly and walked me through the steps that you need to make a LightScribe disk. did you email them? that's what I did! And, what software do you use to burn the LS image to the disk? I use SureThing 4 SE. works great.

3. dale3803

dale3803 Member

Sorry I am talking about the actual burning of the DVD, and thats it it took about an hour to copy then another hour to burn to the dvd.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. dale3803

dale3803 Member

Yup that was the problem. Thank you for the help!!!!!

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

yw! happy buring and welcome to AfterDawn!