1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP MINI 10

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Mereinid, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Hello all, I am having a time trying to get an HP Mini 10 (no disc drive, to behave properly when I format it and re-install the operating system. Everytime have done this..so far 4 times.. it boots up and right before the Windows splash screen comes up it asks me which copy of windows I want to boot from. There are 4 choices. SO there are at least some sections of the HDD that are not being erased. I am having to do everything from an External Sony DVD DRIVE. The previous windows was XP Home, then I put on XP Pro..it failed to do anything. I formatted the HDD, I THOUGHT, and put XP Pro on there..now I have three choices on there. Well I get to the desktop and the video card is disabled saying that the another operating systems driver is being used so it disables the on board Intel mobile G465/. . So I wiped the HDD, using the Windows blue screen format utility, or so I thought again, and installed back to XP home, thinking the PC did not have the guts to run XP Pro. Now when I boot up there are 4 choices or operating systems.

Any frakking ideas on how I can Nuke this drive down to 1's & 0's, so I can fresh install to it?

Thanks..I am sorry for the typo's I am in a hurry for an appt.

Mereinid

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. is that a retail or oem version of xp pro?

3. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

It is an OEM as it has HP Windows XP PRO on the disc.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

boot off that disk. do the f8 to agree. press escape to not do repair. should now give you all the partitions on the hard drive. delete all the partitions 1st, make new partition, quick format the drive then let installation continue loading on its own.

5. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Copy that ddp, I will do that this weekend. I appreciate the steps.

Mereinid