1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp pavilion a1330n does not burn dvd

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by justinwa, Dec 17, 2007.

1. justinwa

justinwa Member

Less than two years ago, I bought a HP pavilion a1330n w/ a ASUS DVD-E616A, and a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L. On the front of the top dvd drive (E:) it says lightscribe DVD+/- writer, CD-writer. the second drive (F:) says DVD-ROM. I got both drive models from Windows Device Manager.

However when I tried to COPY/BURN IMAGE (.iso file, a Sony BDP firmware) to a blank DVD (using sonic digitalmedia plus v 7), the drive does not recognize the blank DVD and ask "please insert a blank or re-writable disc into the TSSTcorp DVDRW DL (E:) drive". I tried a brand new re-writable DVD, a brand new DVD-R and a new DVD+R, the same message came up. I am not sure what is the reason and tried to do the E616A_v1.08 update for the but got an error: The drive and firmware file don't match.

Since the computer was purchased more than a year ago and HP refuses to provide support. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Justin

2. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007