1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Pavilion DV9500 CTO Notebook DVD-RW Burning Issue

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by kzm007, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kzm007

kzm007 Regular member

I have a handful of recorded media that don't ever seem to burn correctly using my DVD-RW drive.

My laptop is an HP Pavillion DV9500 running Windows Vista.

I usually simply right-click the DVD-RW drive and explore the folders, select all files, and then copy to my empty folder on my external hard drive. I do not use WMP 11 as I don't utilize the library avoid adding files to it?

Is there possibly a better method that you might know of that would result in proper readings from the source file/disc? I have gone through a couple of DVDs and CDs that are burnt for me, and it's a frequent issue.

I hate to keep requesting new media from the seller (these are copies taken from out-of-print vinyl albums), but this appears to be a re-occurring error, and as the laptop is my main computer, I don't want to go through the hassle of using a different computer elsewhere.

Is there possible success using DVD-Rs instead? Currently, he is using Memorex DVD+Rs.

I do believe this problem can be solved, and my drive appears to read factory CDs and DVDs just fine; it's simply the burning process that causes trouble. Because of that fact, I don't feel my optical lens is dirtied, and I will also look around for a driver update from HP.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Kegan

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you using his memorex disks to burn onto or your own disks? is there paper lables on those memorex disks?